Fitness Class Missed Class/Make-up Work Instructions
Medical Excuse OR Missed Class Make-Up Work
Any students exceeding the 3 absences allotted per quarter OR with a written doctor’s note on file with the school nurse can earn their 4 class points each day by completing a reading/written assignment.
- Find an online article that is relevant to the missed class.
- I.E. If you missed a Fitness class in which Badminton was being taught, you need to find an article about Badminton.
- Check Skyward if you are not sure what you missed.
- Read the article.
3. Create a Google doc & name the Google Doc “First Initial, Last Name, Date of missed class”
(I.E. A Miller 9/19/15)
4. Each assignment must be 4 paragraphs long. Each paragraph must be 4-6 sentences long.
- Paragraph 1: Identify the title of the article, author & summarize the main idea(s).
- Paragraph 2: Discuss 2-4 key points from the article.
- Paragraph 3: Summarize how this article is relevant to what you missed in class.
- Paragraph 4: Explain how you intend to use what you have learned from the article in Fitness-Strength class/real life.
5. Cut, paste & fill in the form below & attach it to the top of your document
Class day (even/odd) & period:
Day & Date of missed class:
Due date of assignment:
Topic of missed class:
Link to article:
Title of article:
Author of article:
6. Due Dates
- If you are excused for medical reasons & present in school, this assignment must be sent via Google Docs BY THE END OF THE NEXT CLASS PERIOD that you are present in school.
- If you are completing the assignment due to excessive absences, this assignment must be submitted via Google Docs within 3 school days of the class absence.
7. Anything incomplete or turned in after the deadline will be given a zero.
SAMPLE ASSIGNMENT IS ON NEXT PAGE
Class Day: Even
Class Period: 1st
Date of missed class: 9/19/15
Due date of assignment: 9/23/15
Topic of missed class: Crossfit
Title of article: Understanding Crossfit
Author of article: Greg Glassman
The title of the article that I will be reviewing is “Understanding Crossfit, by Greg Glassman. In the article Mr. Glassman explains the main concepts of Crossfit. Crossfit is a style of exercise which focuses on physical preparedness. It is a combination of “constantly varied, high-intensity, functional movement.” While it tends to be highly criticized in the public eye, Crossfit has been developed with a specific methodology, theory of implementation & adaptations.
One key point from the article is that Crossfit is the need to be prepared for physical challenges that may arise & how Crossfit allows it athletes to rise to the occasion. Another key point is the explanation of the methodology of Crossfit. It is an evidence-based program that has been clinically tested. A third key point is how Crossfit has the ability to increase work capacity across broad work & time modals.
This article is relevant to the class that I missed. It is relevant because the class I missed was an introduction to Crossfit. This article gave a written introduction to Crossfit. It discussed it’s methodology, implementation & adaptations. The article helped me to understand more deeply what was taught in class.
I intend to use what I have learned from this article by trying Crossfit. I intend to see how Crossfit can help me with my own exercise program. I also think that from reading this article that taking part in Crossfit may help me with my other sports. In conclusion, this article was a very informative article about Crossfit that I intend to use in the future & apply to my own personal exercise regime.