A Message From Your Attendance Secretary, Mrs. Eckenroth
Please read the information below to read what to do if your child is absent or takes an educational trip during the school year. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school office at 610.779.1820.. If you would like a printable copy, click on this link ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES
Exeter Township School District
1. If your child is going to be absent, call the school (610.779.1820) and press the option for the attendance line, to report the absence. Or, you may report the absence by email: email@example.com
2. Within 3 days of your child’s return, either send a note to school indicating why your child was absent, or email the excuse reason to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If your child was absent 3 or more consecutive days, a doctor's excuse may be requested by the school.
4. A student is permitted 10 days of absence not accompanied by a doctor's excuse. After those 10 days, a doctor's excuse is required for every absence. Not submitting a doctor's excuse will result in an unlawful absence. Three unlawful absences can result in a citation with the district justice.
5. Please note that being out of town, or missing the bus is not an excused absence. If you are going to be on a trip, you may fill out an Educational Trip Form, outlining the educational nature of the trip, and submit it to the principal for approval. A student may have a maximum of 5 Educational Trip days in a school year.
SO IT’S EASY:
*Notify the school the day of your child’s absence.
*Send in a note or email when your child returns.
*Do your best to keep the number of absences under 10, and send in a doctor's excuse for every absence after 10.
Mary Beth Eckenroth
Attendance Secretary Jacksonwald Elementary