- Daily Assignment Planner; Used for home/school communication, homework assignments, reading log
- Read at least 15 minutes every night-write down title of book & minutes read
- Punch cards; surprise inside box (incentive plan)Will receive punches for all completed assignments, parent signatures, reading logged in planner
- Logical consequences/ school wide card system
- Homework (usually math, handwriting, occasional project) Reading should be done every night
- Missed assignments are done during recess or with a parent note, will be accepted the next day.
- Analogies & word of the day(vocabulary enrichment)
- Journal writing/free writing/prompts
- Anthologies (short stories), poetry, plays, projects
- Guided reading: small group instruction
- Daily 5- CAFÉ (Strategies to differentiate instruction and improve reading)
- Be A Writer (Learning to write independently using literature to motivate)
- Strategies for Close Reading based on Beers & Probst's signposts (provides a deeper understanding of text)
- Cursive handwriting (Zaner-Bloser)
- Spelling tests will be given bi weekly
Investigations in Number , Data, and Space
The curriculum is designed to engage students in
making sense of mathematical ideas.
It is based on experience from research and practice.
Each unit focuses on an area of content in depth, providing time
for students to develop and practice ideas across a variety
of activities and contexts that build on each other.
Social studies/ Science (alternated)
- Our Community Water
- People in Communities Earth materials
- Communities at Work Sound
- Grades are found in Skyward
- Chapter tests, quizzes, reports, investigations
- Data collection: DIBELS, DAZE, FnP, writing samples, Timed tests
- Observations; Working independently & cooperatively
- Projects - home and in class
- PSSA testing in the Spring