iPod Apps for Grades K-3
· SightWords- Help children learn the most common words
· Spell Animals- Help students to recognize letter sound and begin writing
· Motion Math, Hungry Fish: Practice mental addition and subtraction
· Stack the State (lite) – Map and state puzzle game
o iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stack-the-states/id381342267?mt=8
· abc PocketPhonics Lite: PocketPhonics teaches the basics of reading and writing to young kids
· Splash Math (various grades) : Comprehensive math content and cool interactive problems
· Phonics Tic-Tac-Toe: Build language skills in a fast-paced game of tic-tac-toe!
· MeeGenius : Free and easy-to-use library of e-books
o Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meegenius.reader&hl=en
· Brain-pop Jr.: Movies that spans subjects within Science, Social Studies, Reading, Writing, Math, Health, Arts and Technology. The gentle, humorous, and relatable characters Annie and Moby serve as guides through each topic, empowering kids to form their own ideas.
· Math Circus-Each section teaches concepts and memorization strategies with models, recitations, and algebraic
o iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/math-circus/id407115296?mt=8
· 123 Domino-Logical game of 3 side-dominos
o regular dominos:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bytesequencing.android.dominoes.free
· TanZen- Tangram puzzle game
· Oh No Fractions! – Compare and explore fractions with this elegant and simple app.
o iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oh-no-fractions!-curious-hat/id593418681?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
· Phonics Genius- learn how to speak, read, and recognize words through phonic awareness.
· Fry Words-1000 Instant Words that are a list of the most common words used for teaching reading, writing,
· Grammaropolis- This app uses the parts of speech as animated characters whose personalities are based on
the roles they play in the sentence (has in app purchase)
· Lego App4+-
o iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grammaropolis/id559851814?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
· Build A Word Express - Practice spelling and learn letter sounds and names