Vice President Duties:
- Advocate for students
- Speak at award assembly
- Speak to students at lunches (gather ideas). Assign students in each lunch to talk to their peers.
- Encourage members to speak to their homerooms and get back to you with their ideas/thoughts/comments.
- Make announcements on the PA system
- Attend EVERY dance early to welcome students and help set up for the dance. No cost to you to attend the dance.
- Attend ALL activities outside of school sponsored by S.C.
- Participate in ALL activities in school sponsored activities by S.C.
- Attend leadership conferences
- Run ALL of the meetings, plan ahead of time what will be discuss. Meet with one of the advisors prior to the meeting to get approval. If you are ill on the day of the meeting you will need to contact your vice president and he/she will run the meeting for you.
- Oversee your Vice President and Secretary. Make sure they are aware of what activities, meetings, and events are coming up. Make sure they are completing the tasks that you have assigned to them.
- Willing to go talk to Mr. Flamm and Mr. Arty when needed.
- Attendance to back to school night, spring curriculum overview and 7th grade orientation. Members will be there to assist parents with directions around the building. You will plan for where the members will be posted with maps. You will also be responsible for making sure they are dressed appropriate (no jeans please and S.C. shirts)
- Create flyers and announcements when requested by one of the advisors.
- Giving Miss Oakill notice of announcements that you would like to make. New ideas you have, ideas for the website, pictures for the website, anything you would like to add to S.C (activities, awards, assembly ideas… ) prior to the S.C. meetings.
- If requested by an advisor, decorate the bulletin board.
· Attend ALL meetings and in the absence of the president, you will have to run them.· Advocate/ voice of the 7th graders (gather ideas)
· Encourage your friends/members to gather ideas in homeroom. Bring those ideas back to the President.
· Attend ALL of the activities out of school sponsored by S.C.
· Participate in ALL of the activities during the school year sponsored by S.C.
· Attend back to school night and spring curriculum overview to assist the President, monitor the S.C. members, and assist with giving directions to parents.
· Attend ALL of the dances, coming early to help set up, stay a little later (5minutes) to help clean up, and welcome students. There is no cost to you for the dance.
· Attend leadership conferences
· Make announcements on the PA system when requested by the President or one of the advisors.
· Help the president decorate the bulletin board when requested by one of the advisors.
· Willing to go talk to Mr. Flamm and Mr. Arty when needed.
· Create flyers and announcements when requested by one of the advisors.Secretary Duties
Have to take notes at every meeting
Type up announcements from the meetings for Mr. Flamm
Create flyers for activities that will be passed out to the school.
Attend back to school night and spring curriculum overview
Help create posters for the building
Attend leadership conferences
Attend outside of school activities
Participate in EVERY student council activity during the school year.
MUST be present for every meeting, unless ill. If you are ill when we have a scheduled meeting you must notify the President so he/she may make arrangements to complete your job.