A variety of services and supports are available to individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families to assist in the transition to adult life.  To access most of these services, your child must be connected with Service Access and Management (SAM). Secondly, and perhaps most importantly to understand, is that once a student exits from high school, services are no longer an entitlement.  As a result, waiting lists for community services are a barrier to successful transition planning.  Beginning the transition process as soon as possible is essential to successful planning.  Listed below are several documents which may assist you in learning and navigating the adult service system.  If you have any questions about the information below, please feel free to contact me. 
    To determine if your child is eligible for ID (intellectually disabled) services through Service Access and Management, an intake form must be completed.  By clicking the link below, you will be able to access an intake form.  If you need assistance in completing this form, please contact me.  Once the form is completed, return it to me and I will forward the application and additional supporting documentation to SAM.  If your child is determined to be eligible, you will be assigned a Supports Coordinator.  I have also included information on what to expect from your Supports Coordinator.