- Daily Read-Alouds
- Self-selected books
- Read to Self
In 5th grade, we're trying to promote healthy reading habits. Students are expected to read 60 minutes (1 hr.) a week.
If you're interested in learning more about some of the famous authors
we've read books by, please click on the link below.
- Constant use of the Writing Process
- Various forms of writing: Descriptive, Informative, Narrative, Expository, Persuasive, Dialogue, Subject, Letters (friendly, business), Opinions, Personal Narratives, Poetry
- Writer's Workshop
- Daily Journal Writing
- Scoring based on domain standard set by the State of Pennsylvania
- Daily opportunities to speak and listen in groups, with partners and in front of class
- Some prepared speeches are required
- Words chosen from anthology
- Daily Oral Language (DOL)
- Editing of authentic writing pieces
- Grammar Skills
Mrs. Zielinski's favorite web-site to look for any
miscellaneous fact that you may need to know.