Thank you for your interest in developing a home education program for your student. Please find enclosed three documents that provide the legal basis of the program. They are:
- Pennsylvania Public School Code Section 1327.1,
- A Basic Education Circular on Home Education program dated July 1, 2000, and
- The Exeter Township School District’s In-Home Instruction Policy #137.
Please read each of these documents carefully so you are aware of the procedures and expectations that need to be followed.
For your convenience, some additional district forms are included that should help you with the Home Schooling Program.
- Secondary affidavit for students in grades 7 – 12
- Elementary affidavit for students in grades K – 6
- Home Education Evaluation Report by June 30.
Please also keep in mind:
- The homeschool program must be approved by the district.
- Homeschooled students at the end of 12th grade do not receive Exeter diplomas.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our registrar, Kathleen Kardoley, at 610-779-0700, extension 1302.