Oven Baked French Fries
- 4-5 potatoes (we used russets, about 3-4 inches in size.)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt (it’s the crunchy kind you find on pretzels)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Peel or don’t peel the potatoes, depending on what you like and how the potatoes look. If the skins have dark or sprouting spots, cut those away with a knife.
- Slice the potatoes. We cut ours in half, then we cut each half into four or more wedges. You can also cut them thinner if you choose.
- Soak the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water while you slice the rest.
- Drain the potatoes in a strainer and shake off the water.
- Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the oil until they are all coated.
- Spread the potatoes on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt (and any other seasonings you’d like, such as Sazon or Old Bay.)
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for at least 25 minutes. As long as they are easily pierced with a fork, they are ready to be eaten, but they can bake even longer for more crispness (up to about 45 minutes.)