Exeter Sports Medicine!
» Your resource for any and all things Athletic Training at Exeter Township School District
2013-2014 Fall Season physicals will be held on
June 3 & 4
from 6-9 pm each night @ the JHS
Teams are expected to report at the beginning of their time slots - listed below. If you can't make it one night, come during the other in the same team's slot (if you play 10th grade girls soccer, you can come during JH girls soccer).
Please write the grade you will be in during the 2013-2014 school year on all physical papers - important!!!
Doors will be locked at 8:45 both nights, so be timely!
Monday June 3rd - Junior High Sports Night:
Girls cheerleading & volleyball (grade 7 & 8) 6:00 pm
Girls field hockey, cross country, & soccer (gr 7 & 8) 6:30 pm
Boys football (grades 7, 8, & 9) 7:00 pm Parents - papers will be available on site
Boys cross country & soccer (gr 7 & 8) 8:00 pm Remember that boys' exams take longer than girls'
Tuesday June 4th - High School Sports Night:
Girls cheerleading, tennis, & cross country (grades 9-12) 6:00 pm
Girls volleyball, field hockey, golf, & soccer (gr 9-12) 6:30 pm
Boys football (grades 10-12) 7:00 pm
Boys soccer (gr 9-12) 8:00 pm
Boys cross country & golf (gr 9-12) 8:30 pm - be timely!!
Parents- physical papers are available for you kids to pick up at the Athletics Office in the SHS and the Nurse's Office at the JHS. They are also available to the left on this page, or at www.piaa.org .
Everyone needs a full physical evaluation to participate in a fall sport - you can get one at your own doctor, but it must be dated June 1st or later!!
Send your children to our physical session ONLY if they need an exam, have a set of fully signed and filled out papers (except the last page that the doctors complete), are dressed in shorts and t-shirts, and have $10 fee with them (checks are fine - made out to ETSD). All completed forms are due to Athletics (at the SHS) by July 29th!!
Parents - if your son or daughter sees a doctor for an injury or condition during their sports season, a note from that doctor needs to be given directly to Aud or Chris as soon as possible. No exceptions will be made, no athlete will be allowed to play without a doctor's note.
Athletic Training news-
- Impact baseline testing will be offered individually as of this school year. Contact Audrey or Chris if you'd like your child to have a baseline test for future use. See link on left for permission slips that your child MUST turn in to sit for the test. No cell phones will be allowed to be on during testing.
- Parents - please help us to help your children to take care of their bodies as though they are finely tuned machines. All athletes should be focusing on drinking water all day long, getting plenty of sleep (8 hours or more!), eating good foods regularly, stretching and icing while at home, and making good decisions about their bodies.
- Cups are no longer available from the athletic training department - please make sure your son/daughter brings their own bottle to practice. Bottles are available from the athletic department, all the athlete must do is request one.
- Most injuries require strengthening to get better and to avoid future re-injury. Stretching is NOT strengthening and is not enough to avoid re-injury in most cases. Please discuss this difference with your children - it's a common misconception. We at ESMP believe strongly that most conditions and injuries can be resolved completely with a little dedication and effort on the part of the athlete - there is no such thing as a 9th grader with "bad knees" (in most cases!!), just an athlete with a muscular imbalance that can be corrected!!! See your athletic trainer for details on how to avoid the same body part hurting every season - preseason is a great time to start rehabilitation to come at the season strong!! We are here to help you!!
- Preseason Parents' Concussion Education Nights will be held in the SHS LGI room:
Thursday August 29th 7:00 - 8:00 pm for Fall sports
Thursday November 28th 7:00 - 8:00 pm for Winter sports
Wednesday March 12th 7:00 - 8:00 pm for Spring sports
All Physical forms turned in MUST be dated after 6/1/13!
Prior to each of our sports physicals dates,
the paperwork will be available in 3 ways:
1. From JHS Nurse all school-day long.
2. From SHS Athletics secretary all school-day long or
3. From this website - click on link at left for Sports Physical Forms and print them out
Please help your son or daughter to realize their responsibility to pick up these forms and provide you with advance notice of physicals - information is posted weeks in advance in both SH and JH buildings. Neither building's main office will have forms available.
Call your licensed athletic trainers Audrey 610-780-5940
or Chris 610-780-4287 w/ questions.