Each cafeteria uses the Meals Plus computerized debit point of sale system. Advance payment is deposited on each student's meal account and the cost of the meal is deducted from the balance; this account can only be used for food purchases. Payment envelopes are available in each cafeteria and the school office; however, a plain envelope can be used as long as the student's name, grade/section and ID are on the envelope. A separate envelope should be used for each student. Checks are made payable to ETSD Food Service Department.
Efunds for Schools is a convenient way to check a student's balance, and review purchases. Internet deposits can be made to a student's meal account. There is a nominal charge from the third party provider for the deposit service.
Deposits of $20.00 ($4.00 for students who are eligible for reduced-price meals) are recommended, and you may put in larger amounts if you choose... A $10.00 service fee will be charged for returned checks. Anyone submitting two checks for insufficient funds during the school year will have their check use and internet deposit privileges revoked. Payment envelopes should be deposited in the payment box in the cafeteria before the start of the school day. Junior and Senior High students may use cash to purchase meals.
POINT OF SALE SYSTEM OVERVIEW
• Each student is issued a school personal identification number (PIN) which is used from K-12th grade.
• A picture of the student is imported into the student PIN database.
• The student accesses the account by entering the PIN into the key pad. The student's account and photo will appear on the cashier's computer screen. The cost of the meal will be deducted from the account without an exchange of cash.
• A student can use his account to pay for his/her meal only.
* In grades K-6 the account is used for meal purchases only. If a student wants to purchase ala carte foods after the meal time, cash must be used.
* In the Junior and Senior High Schools parents may limit the use of the account to the purchase of meals only or purchase meals and ala carte foods. A transmittal form is sent in with the first payment. The option chosen will remain the same each time money is put on the meal account unless the parent notifies the Food Service Department in writing to indicate otherwise.
• If there is a balance of money in the student account from the previous year, it will be transferred to the next year. If the student owes money from the previous year, this will be deducted from the money deposited in the account.
Deposits can be made before your student begins school. Checks should be made payable to ETSD Food Service and mailed to:
Exeter Township School District
200 Elm Street
Reading, PA 19606
Attn: Food Service Department
ACCOUNT BALANCE REFUND
Parents/guardians of students withdrawing from the school district should contact the Food Service office in writing to request the balance of the student's account. The letter should include the name to whom the refund check should be made payable to and the address where it should be sent.
Prior to graduation, Senior High students will receive a refund of any remaining balance.
LUNCH WITH YOUR STUDENT
Throughout the school term parents are invited once a year to enjoy a nutritious school-prepared lunch in the cafeteria. Arrangements to purchase the meal should be made by 9:00 A.M. on the day of the visit by contacting the school office.